Case study – Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG)
Please note: Much of my work is covered by Non Disclosure Agreements, so I can’t be too detailed on this page.
Faced with falling sales, a global brand of men’s toiletries products wanted to relaunch its digital communications.
I was called in by the brand’s agency to examine the product’s UK digital marketing, and to recommend a new direction for its digital content and social media.
What I did
- Various desk research, including incorporating focus group research.
- Audited the existing digital communications.
- Benchmarked the digital communications against key competitors.
- Audience Intent Modelling – to reveal the communication gaps separating customers from the brand – and to reveal the topics and themes that resonate.
- Persona creation.
- Insight discovery – summarised the key findings – the “truths” that can be used to amplify the impact of the digital content and social media.
- Documented recommendations, and arguments, with examples of approaches to take.
- Presented to the agency’s planning team.
My initial research was well received and was used as the basis for the creative work. Sales of the products have now risen.