A client asking about the digital trends to look out for in 2013 prompted me to compile a list.
Looking years ahead we can talk about augmented reality contact lenses… but what of the next twelve months?
Technology trends to look out for in 2013, will include:
- Growth in the popularity of smartphones. The internalisation of computing continues.
- Aurasma (and other image recognition apps) will continue to grow in popularity.
- Indoor Positioning Systems (IPS) for shopping malls, large buildings.
- Native advertising. E.g. More sponsored Spotify playlists, less disruptive banner adverts.
- The rise of the Internet of Things, more objects and people will be equipped with radio tags.
- Facebook’s post targeting.
- More contextually-aware smartphones and devices. Siri Now, Google Now.
- Mobile will also begin to transform shopper marketing. But that’s the subject of a future post…