Case study – Digital communications audit for a UK region
Please note: Much of my work is covered by Non Disclosure Agreements, so I can’t be too detailed on this page.
New to the role, a communications director for a region of the UK wanted a better understanding of his organisation’s digital communications, and recommendations for the future.
He called me in to “audit the traction, influence and profile of our digital assets… and how effectively audiences are engaging with the brands.” His team also wanted “Information about the effectiveness of how they generally communicate their many messages through digital channels”.
What I did
- Audited the existing digital communications, including website, content, social media and SEO.
- Benchmarked the digital communications against key competitors – which gave the client context.
- Audience Intent Modelling – to reveal the communication gaps separating customers from the brand – and to reveal the topics and themes that resonate.
- Insight discovery – summarised the key findings – the “truths” that can be used to amplify the impact of the digital content and social media.
- Documented recommendations, and arguments, with examples of approaches to take.
- I also created an in-depth audit report, presented the findings to the key stakeholders and led a discussion with the group.
My findings were well received, and led to the creation of a new website and social media accounts.